Abstract - Gathering
- The relationship between the population of Detroit to that of the Detroit River is in a state of constant fluxuation since the origin of the city itself...this relationship predates any formal decleration of political power to an era when gathering by the river was a means to sustain a quality of life.
- In searching into the relationships between gathering and community, the relationships between man and river provides for a vast amount of research data, charts, and studies that can be dated back from current events to events in the early 1800s.
- It is in the moments which are effecting today's Detroit that this investigation is aiming to relate back into the diverse methods of gathering in the city of Detroit.
- Living through the changes occuring "to the river" and "by the river" can be observered in the levels of fresh water flowing through the river past the metropolis...
- "...water levels are related to habitat for all species including human"